miercuri, 16 februarie 2011

Winner's Circle

FEB 2010-Johnna Petitte
Baltimore Ravens
Morgantown, WV * 23
KUDOS: Two-time NCA National Champ with Hawaii Pacific University.
CATCHING UP: I finished my collegiate cheer career and graduated from WVU with a degree in multidisciplinary studies. Now I cheer for the Baltimore Ravens, the only team in the NFL with a coed stunt team.
FAMOUS FOR: My double full.
VOTE FOR JOHNNA: I've dedicated my life to cheer since I was 13 years old. I've cheered for all-star, college and now the NFL I'm a great role model, and I'd be honored to be named ACs COY!
APR 2010-Brianna Reilly
Southern Connecticut State
University * New Haven, CT * 21
KUDOS: Taking second at UCA College Nationals freshman year and winning UCA Nationals in 2009.
CATCHING UP: This summer I was lucky enough to intern with CBS studios in NYC. I met huge celebrities like Mark Wahlberg, Will Ferrell and Bradley Cooper!
FAMOUS FOR: Being the person who's always smiling.
VOTE FOR BRIANNA: I think the COY should be a genuine, friendly, dedicated and talented cheerleader with a good heart. I believe I have all these qualities.
JUN 2010-Caitlin Hering
World CUP Shooting Star
Westfield, NJ * 17
KUDOS: Winning silver at The 2010 Cheerleading Worlds and NCA All-American.
CATCHING UP: I've been working with Girls Learn International to prepare my school's chapter, and working with our new partner school in Cambodia.
FAMOUS FOR: My dance and performance abilities.

 
VOTE FOR CAITLIN: I believe cheer should be universally recognized as a sport, and as COY, I'd advocate for the athleticism and character that cheerleading builds in all its participants.
AUG 2010-Tarin Moses
University of Florida
Gainesville, FL * 19
KUDOS: Making University of Florida's Varsity Coed team as a freshman.
CATCHING UP: I've been to Alabama and Tennessee this season, where I've met some amazing cheerleaders. Lately, I've just been trying to keep our football team's spirits up and preparing for basketball season.
FAMOUS FOR: Any Basket Toss!
VOTE FOR TARIN: Cheerleading has made me the person I am today; it has the power to mold a person into an amazing role model. It would make me the happiest person in the world to give other cheerlead- ers the inspiration to follow their dreams.
OCT 2010-Jenny Blake
University of Louisville
Louisville, KY * 21
KUDOS: Recovering from a broken leg and making the Louisville cheer team.
CATCHING UP: I've been studying for the GMATs, attending practices, cheering on the Cards and getting ready to start my finance internship.
FAMOUS FOR: I really love double full Baskets.
VOTE FOR JENNY: I've received messages from girls telling me how my story encouraged them to try out for the next level in cheerleading. I'm so happy to share my experiences and give girls the confidence to go after their dreams.
DEC 2010-Marcy Smith
Bob Jones HS
Madison, AL * 18'
KUDOS: Current squad captain and threetime national HS champion.
CATCHING UP: I'm enjoying sharing my issue with my family and friends and hearing from readers. It's been such a thrill. I still need to pinch myself to make sure it's real!
FAMOUS FOR: My triple toe-touch back tuck.
VOTE FOR MARCY: I love being a representative for cheerleading and feel I'm a well-rounded athlete and would do my very best to represent cheerleaders everywhere.

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu